Saturday, July 29, 2006

Rockin' Unemployment

I am officially, now, happily unemployed. (one of the few people enjoying being out of a job). Not that I didn't like my job; it was cushy, as summer jobs go. And it was certainly was fun. But my job wasn't really ONE job, it was many. I had to be doctor, lawyer, judge (a fun combination, those last two), psychiatrist, friend, mother-figure, police officer, janitor, singer, game-master, lifeguard and...well, you get the point. It was tiring. Good, but tiring. I'm ready to not work. Not yet sure I'm ready for school, but I am ready to not work.

Which leaves me unemployed and sitting at home watching mediocre television. I guess part of the truth is, I'm lonely. It's been nice being home...I missed Texas, I honestly did. I missed my family, terribly. But they are all busy doing things. My dad has started his new job, he's getting all ready for school. My brother is in marching band about to go to his first year of high school (that's busyness, right there). My mom is her usual level of busy...and I have no friends my age here at all. I was listening to my saved voicemails earlier; I have saved one from each school friend I've talked to his summer...and I just felt so sad. I miss y'all a lot... For example, I heard there is a Pink concert here tonight, and I actually thought that would be cool to go to. But I don't have anyone to go with, and I don't have a car, so I'm not going. I am, however, going to go to my job's end-of-work dinner with people older than me that are probably going to drink far too much and make me uncomfortable.

Anyway, ...be seeing you soon, hopefully.
Yours, Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home