Read the ramble
And so I've begun my summer job, toiling all day with 40 rambunctious rapscallions. Delightful. Actually, this year shouldn't be that bad. I like my coworkers, though it seems we will, of course, have a few kids that are more than a handful. At least I trust my coworkers to try to handle it this year, unlike last year's teachers who mostly just sat on the side.
Anyway, what else is going on with me? Not much. Honestly, I'm enjoying the heat. I mean, it makes me all nasty and sweaty and stuff, but there is something about the warmth that bakes right into your skin. It's lovely. I'd forgotten I'd missed it.
At any rate, it looks like this will be a good, if odd, summer. I've come to the point where most of my friends are in Missouri, or the surrounding area, and most of my friends from here are elsewhere or preoccupied. I'm being lazy with my friendships, which is fairly unacceptable. But part of me really is satisfied to go to work during the day and just hang out at night. Is that a bad thing? In a way...I don't get to socialize with anyone other than family and 7-year-olds. Hm. I don't know.
I don't know what all that means. Thanks for taking the time to read the ramble.

1 Comments:
It means you're growing up. I too am quite content with the regular work week/weekends and nights off when I can get it.
Post a Comment
<< Home