Great outdoors
This past weekend we went on a camping trip, my family and I. And it was going to be great. We went to Caddo Lake state park. Sounds delightful, right? Lake means swimming, frolicking, and general lack of heat.
Caddo Lake state park is a wetland. Wetland means fancy name for swampland. Including American Alligators, giant snapping turtles, scary-looking fish, and gross water. If I were a making a horror movie, I might do it at Caddo Lake state park; lots of trees, Spanish moss hanging from the trees, nowhere to run. Oh, and Caddo Lake is near Uncertain, Texas. That's right. The actual name of the town is Uncertain.
I won't ever understand some things.
Anyway, even though the brochure wouldn't be that nice, I had a great weekend. We went on a four-hour canoe trip where we saw lots of wildlife (the nice kind) and a hike where we saw evidence of deer and coyotes. It was nice. At 6:30 Sunday morning, we awoke to a terrifyingly loud *CRACK*. A huge oak tree not 100 feet from our camp had collapsed...not a breath of wind. It is only by the grace of God that the tree didnt' fall on us.
Which brings me to my point. I've really needed a break like this. No worries, nothing to fuss about, nowhere to be. It was fantastic, and I felt refreshed (until I went into work and my children were hellions...but that's another story).
Go camping, it's great -- and I've got the mosquito bites to prove it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home