Friday, June 23, 2006

Detached

I feel...odd. Detached. Drifting around in some puddle or something.
Perhaps I should just start rambling before the pyschiatrist that lives in my head starts doling out sedatives.
I was so homesick, so it's nice, in a way, to be home, but now I'm suffering from a serious lack of social engagements with people my own age. I see lots of 6-8 year olds and adults, and almost nothing in between. This is my own fault, both for taking a job with kids and for going to school out-of-state. Knowing this doesn't make it any better. At least the kids earn me money. The few friends I have here that are actually here this summer...I don't know that we have much to talk about anymore. We certainly aren't chomping at the bit to hang out. And my friends from Mizzou...well, they are in Missouri, big surprise, busy with their lives and whatnot. Adam, having to suffer through my loneliness often, suggested I go live in St. Louis with my uncle; I could never do that. I wouldn't feel right, one, and two, I would still miss my family. But, friends, I miss you, and I'm sorry if I haven't talked to you enough lately.

3 Comments:

At June 24, 2006 1:18 AM, Blogger BeckyK said...

I feel really bad that I've been so busy as of late. But I guess I try to not get too mad, because I know that in less than two months I'll be back to seeing you guys all the time. This summer is flying by, so it won't be long.

Sorry you're feeling so lonely. While I do have several friends here, it's just not the same anymore. I'd almost rather be in CoMo again and have the long distance relationships with my friends here than be here.

 
At June 24, 2006 2:33 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Aw, Becky, I didn't want you feeling sad, too. Try to survive the summer...I'll be seeing you soon.

 
At June 25, 2006 1:50 PM, Blogger Mark said...

There are always healthy facebook addictions to tide you over...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home