Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I hate everything.

And if you took the time to wonder if that meant you, too, then yea, it does.

I hate that I have a midterm tomorrow that I didnt' start studying for until 2 hours ago and that I'm only halfway through the review for. I hate that I have an 8 a.m. class tomorrow (even though I enjoy the class, I hate the time).

Most of all I hate the Mo.'ian and my editor and the way they combine to make me feel like utter crap and make me reconsider my career choices. I loved journalism until I got to this point. And it's not like I haven't done reporting before...I have. In that obscure thing called "the real world" (no, stupid, not the sucky TV show).

But now I'm in this "class" (aka student slavery) and I feel like crap 97.6% of the time. Or I have no idea what is going on because no one tells me anything and my editor 'forgets' to publish my pieces, or edit them, or whatever.

I never hated reporting before this. And I never thought I sucked at writing before this. I don't know what to do or even what the problem really is. I just hate everything.

And I hate the stress that comes from being a full-time student and a 'full-time' reporter and a girlfriend and a daughter and a friend and a human being (not always in that order) and not ever knowing how to juggle what and feeling like I'm stumbling no matter what I do.

So again, I just hate everything.

3 Comments:

At March 23, 2006 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're always gonna have editors you don't like. It's the way of life. If everything was perfect for everyone, what fun would that be? I know you can do it. Bypass all the bullshit that's going on. Stick with it. You'll be happy in the long run. Don't let anybody bring you down. Brush the dirt off your shoulders. Peace up!

-Eric

 
At March 23, 2006 11:52 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I have two things you wouldn't hate.
1) Pirate Fruit Snacks.
2) Pirate Cereal.
3) a Turtle named Harold.

Ok, I lied. Three things.

 
At March 29, 2006 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you don't have to have a job on top of all that.

i know you hate everything right now, but when you get the time to breathe a little, try to think about this: what exactly is making you reconsider your career choice? is it just the specific stupid editors? is it the stress? basically, try to see if it's journalism in and of itself or just certain shitty aspects of the Missourian. please darling, try to take next fall easy before you have a breakdown and fail. and if your mom gets her panties in a wad, tell her to go suck an egg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home