Let them gobble up my words
The people demanded a post, so I will try to satisfy them. Try.
I'm both busy and not. Things happen all at once, in that wicked way they have, but events then leave me alone with nothing to do. My workload is the weight of the water near the beach. All, making me founder, or none, leaving me high and dry and bored out of my mind. I need a book to read. For fun. To belay the tedium.
I don't know why I'm writing like this, it's just the way it's coming out.
Anyway, I'm on the upswell of work now. And just last week I was drowning. I don't know how I feel about the Missourian. Everyone expected me to be the queen bee of the paper, and I think I did, too, but I'm frankly not. I feel like a fish they tossed in the ocean, after I'd been raised in a fishtank. I don't know how to survive out there! It's not that I'm doing badly; I'm just not doing. It turns out my editor is an idiot (I got this from multiple sources, so it isn't just me). On one occasion, he flat out forgot to publish the story I'd worked on. And that's the only thing I've had published. That's the negative side. The positive side is that they have given me my own section, in a way. Don't get all excited -- let me finish. I think the majority of people don't know anything about religion, things that are commonly tossed about but never really explained. I think we, as a paper, should explain that. I intended this to be a group project, but because I suggested it, I'm doing it. Fine, in a way. Great, even. In theory, it should get me all the clips I need to pass. Though it will give me the clips, however, they won't be the kind I really need to get a job one day. The clips I'm doing are simple, explanatory, and research-based. None of the 'big stories.'
Anyway, so far, it's a moot point. None of those have been published either. I'm working on it. I promise.
In other news, I'm in an Irish literature class. It's pretty cool, except all that I know about Irish history is the general 'there was a bad famine with potatoes' and 'the Catholics hate the Protestants and vice-versa.' This is a bit of a problem. Otherwise, it's very cool, class-wise. It's enjoyable. Interesting. It makes me feel good about my heritage, as it were. And the literature is just generally good. Quality. And, unlike certain satanic high school English teachers, my professor allows, or even encourages, alternative ways of looking at a piece. And wants us to think for ourselves, not to just swallow what he says. Again, unlike certain evil teachers.
Allright, more 'other' news. Adam and I are still dating. He's wonderful. That makes it about nine months now. Wow. Nine months. I can't believe it has been that long. It feels like only a few weeks. Anyway, he's great, I'm great with him, things are great. As usual with these things, no news is good news. And he's all good news for me.
Becky got me hooked on 'Alias.' Granted, I didn't fight the hooking too much, but we've watched at least two episodes a night for the past three nights. Jennifer Garner now very cool. Who doesn't love female spies?
Speaking of females, the Vagina Monologues were last week. Most excellent, as usual. More people need to see that show. It is so spectacular, and even if you disagree with some of the things that are said in it, you'll start thinking, which is really the goal of the whole production. It's just ... great. If you haven't ever seen a production, find a way to. It won't be back until next year around Valentine's day, but when it is, see it. It is good for everyone, men, women, homosexuals, heterosexuals, religious people, whomever. It's just good. I'm starting to think I should memorize/buy part of it so I can read it at appropriate times and spread the word that way. EVERYONE in America, at least, should see this production.
Okay, I'm sure there is more I'm supposed to write about, but I'm out now. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know about, etc, or if you happen to have any brilliant Faith beat ideas. I'd appreciate it.
God bless.

1 Comments:
i was in the vagina monologues at uvsc. 'twas wonderful with the vagina lollipops. i'm glad you went. everyone in the world should see it.
a letter's on it's way to you, fair megan.
Post a Comment
<< Home