Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Reclaiming Spring Break

I'm so excited! I finally found out that I can go to Pennsylvannia to see my grandfather for Spring Break, even though I have to do a class project while I'm there. I have to do this week-long "Internship" at a community paper for my class...Community Newspaper. (They really should put things like that in the course information before you register!)

After asking ALL semester, and telling my professor (who in class last time called me by my middle name....for no apparent reason) that I'd like to go up to Pennsylvannia (to which he said, "That's so far north! Why don't you want to go to Dallas?"). He finally got his butt into gear and actually started setting this stuff up (2 weeks before spring break) and he just found out his old buddy is the publisher of the paper up there. So off I go!

This really means a lot to me; I haven't seen my Pop since my high school graduation, and it has been way longer since I've been up to see him. He's living in a new house now, and I've never even seen it. But now I will get to see him and hang out, and I'll be able to get my project done, AND it will keep me from being bored hanging out in the middle-of-nowhere Pennsylvannia. Perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home