Sometimes I'm afraid...
This makes me scared:
http://archive.columbiatribune.com/2007/mar/20070302news007.asp
They're coming to protest the j-school, but indications are that they are coming looking to fight. I'm afraid on several levels here: a) I'm a student of the j-school, which is their named target, b) I'm dating Adam, which makes me a 'race traitor', c) I'm afraid for Adam, their historic enemy by his race, d) I have several gay friends, who also aren't high on the 'friends to Nazis' list, and e) someone isn't going to listen to the police chief's pleas to stay away from the march and someone is going to get hurt.
I'm not just afraid about the parade; they'll be massing (well, maybe) here, so that means it might be dangerous for Adam and I to even go out together, or Adam alone... and I have an appointment in that area from 9 to 4.
They have every right to march; I support their freedom of speech. I just wish it wasn't so close...and that they weren't so militant. I'm sure it'll be mostly okay...the city is already voicing a very strong "we don't want your kind here" response to the marchers, but, like I said, I have several reasons to be nervous.
Pray for rain on their parade.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home