Friday, December 29, 2006

Break, week 2

Note: The following is ridiculously long, but still fun. J

Me-Ow!!
While channel-surfing today, I came across Bravo’s “Sexiest Moments in Film: The Seducers.” The discovery that we now had Bravo was one thing; the accompanying discovery that I happened upon a show BURSTING with Sexy Men was a far better one. So, partially using that tail end of that show and partially my own inspirations, here is my list of my favorite sexy men, in no particular order (because, seriously, how can you choose your favorite hot man?? Impossible!):
Viggo Mortensen – I love him with his stubble; he is beautifully hot in LOTR and in Hidalgo; plus, an accent
Tobey Maguire – the show used the example of Spiderman, and I’m going to stick with that. That upside-down kiss with the partial mask: HOT!
Hugh Grant and Colin Firth – they are together because of Bridget Jones’ Diary, the example movie and because I think they play really well off each other to
magnify the attractiveness. Both get points for their accents.
Harrison Ford – particularly in his role as Indiana Jones. I mean, he’s attractive as Han Solo, but I prefer Indie. I even like his real-life pierced ear.
Orlando Bloom – yes, yes, I know he gets ridiculed all the time for looking feminine, but, damn! I like him both in Pirates and LOTR; kinda a ying-yang form of
himself. I’d even like him in Troy if his character wasn’t such a pansy.And he has an accent!
Jake Gyllenhal – I wish I’d seen more of his movies. I LOVE him in Jarhead (it doesn’t hurt that he dances around nearly naked). He makes me want to bite his neck, he’s so delicious.
Heath Ledger – I’m actually a little wishy-washy on him. I loved him in 10 Things I Hate About You, but I’m not as sure other times. But he’s got the curls and the accent, so he’s in.
Hayden Christensen – It’s his eyes that get me. I mean, even if the movie is bad, I love the intensity of his eyes in Ep. 2 so much that I will watch it repeatedly.
Christian Bale – He’s got this funny thing with his mouth that just draws me in, I don’t know. Makes me want to kiss it. And he’s really muscular. Purrr.

I’m sure there are a lot that I’m missing; this is just the list I came up with while the show was on (believe me, it was hard to stay focused with the hot men flashing onscreen). For instance, I know I’ve left off Michael Rosenbaum and Ewan, but we’ll just have to save them for another time.
Looking at this list, I’ve tried to come up with some summary. I definitely like accents in my celebrity fantasy-lovers; the characters I tend to prefer are absorbed in some sort of consuming work (or mission ;)) that involves a lot of quick-witted butt-kicking, but, if you can get them away from all that, they are generally just good, simple guys. Who are also ridiculously attractive.
I wonder – is there some way I could use a program to scramble all those faces to come out with my ideal celebrity crush’s face?

Christmas
I really enjoyed Christmas this year, but it was really simple. Just my family, hanging out. Christmas Eve we attended and, coincidentally, ushered at, all three services at my church, so it was nice to do a lot of nothing Christmas morning.
What was my favorite gift? Was it the new bath bucket full of bathy things (like a squishy ducky scrubby)? No! Was it the $50 Borders Books gift certificate? Not this year! Would it be the Chipotle gift cards? Nope! It was…. A plastic tiara from my father!
That’s right, folks. I am now officially recognized as the princess in my household. Now you had all better step up and show your appreciation, too… or else! :)

Dentist
By now, I have been to the ‘normal dentist’ three times and the oral surgeon once…and had nothing yet changed, with exception to a normal teeth cleaning.
My oral surgeon said I have the tooth development of a 15-year-old. Uh, thanks?

Sheaves of Wheat
There is a Van Gogh exhibit in town at the art museum of all of the Van Gogh wheat pieces, including his sketches and many of his influences. My dad and I went, just the two of us, and, besides being incredibly busy, it was really fascinating. I have always been a big fan of Van Gogh, and it was wonderful to see his artwork in person! Some of his pieces, like my personal favorite from the exhibit “The Reaper,” just reached out and sucked you in. I mean, wow. It felt like an otherworldly experience sometimes, and I learned so much about the artist and all of his influences and the way he influenced others, like his pal Gaughan, or even Pissarro. Everyone should get out an appreciate some art this break!

Bookworm
Knowing how bad I am at spending gift cards and anticipating days spent in bed while my teeth heal, I blew all of my $50 for Borders at a store we were surprised to find was closing and having a sale. Here is what I bought, for the curious:
How to Paint and Draw For three dollars, why shouldn’t I get back into old habits?

Eats, Shoots and Leaves I felt obligated. It is THE guide to punctuation, after all.

The Experts’ Guide to 100 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do Thumbing through, I found I didn’t know a shocking number of those things, which range from tying a tie to taking a compliment to throwing a dinner party. So I’m gonna learn.

What in the Word? Interesting facts/word games about the English language, which I have always been curious about. Word facts, that is.

And, finally, the just-for-reading-fun books:
The Iron Tree I’ve liked some of the author’s other books, so why not lose myself to hallucinations while I’m doped up.

One Good Knight Because Mercedes Lackey is cool. And it has a dragon. See above.

If you have gotten this far reading from start to finish, you deserve a medal. Apparently, I had a lot to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home