Rainbow fishes in my window
I tried to post the pictures of the wieniemobile, but for some reason Windows can't read my digital camera and won't let me get them off the disk. Maybe I'll figure it out eventually.
Things are going well. Today is Sunday, and I am feeling very incredibly mellow, for no particular reason. It's nice, being able to sit and be mellow on a Sunday afternoon. I have nothing pressing to do and I can just be.
To this effect, I borrowed a book from my neighbor, Stephanie, who I adore. The thing is, I borrowed it when she was not there, and now I hope she won't be mad at me. Some days you just need a book, and this is one of those days for me. AND, I'm afraid of the library here. A silly thing, but it's huge and I've never gotten "the tour" and I don't even know if the fiction section EXISTS. And I don't even know who to ask. It's a confusing place. I hear they have "half-floors" which I just don't understand. And I'm afraid to ask...
Well, I'm reading the book I borrowed/stole from Stephanie. "The Perks of Being a Wallflower." I really like it. It's mellow, too, and written kinda like "The Catcher in the Rye." Less cussing, more confusion. I can relate. I'm reading the book I borrowed/stole from Steph in my window. My window-seat. It's not a real window seat, it's real life is as a heating unit for my room, but it's secret identity, when aided by a blanket with fringe and a few pillows, is as a windowseat. I can sit there and read and look out the window and feel the cool outside and the warm inside and be happy.
But I have rainbow fishes in my window, now. It's a sarong (sp?) we (Meaghan the roommate and I) bought at Cool Stuff, the place downtown that only sells stuff that is cool. Like sarongs that look tie-dyed in green, red, yellow, purple with fishes on it. We bought it because the University-supplied blinds fall off a lot and like to break. We are on the second set of blinds, and they are lying on the floor near the bed. Instead, we taped the fishes to the top of the window, and they act as a much better blind than the other or no shade at all. And they provide company for the Beta Meaghan has.
His name is Deux et Machina, he is white, and he lives in a fishbowl with Spunky the Snail. Spunky is actually quite spunky, but Machina is a pansy. At first he was put in fish-timeout for attacking the snail, now he won't leave it alone. He just sits in the bowl, right next to the snail, staring at it and touching it. It is very frightening. Snails, by the way, are strange and gross and slightly fascinating creatures. Because the bowl is clear and round, we can see Spunky sucking on the glass. It's creepy.
The rose I bought myself is dying now. I really liked it. It was a Carousel rose, which means it is yellow and then the edges are red. It makes it look like someone dipped a yellow rose in red paint, only the edges are red. And now it is dying, and the very edges are turning brown. I can't be too upset--I got it from the student-run flower shop for only a dollar a little over a week ago and it has been beautiful and inspiring. I'll get another one at Flower Power Happy Hour next Friday. I think I can buy myself a flower a week (for $1) without feeling like I'm spending overindulgently.
A happy day to all of you, and thank you for reading. See you later!

1 Comments:
Haha the fish is attacking the snail.... I mean awww thats sad. That is a kool rose. I would give a girl that kind of rose. I need to get a pet. But i want a tiny dog(they attract the women) ;)*wink* Well, keep it up at Mizzou (sp?) lol well your welcome for reading your entry. ahah ok cya peace Brandon "And I'm hot" Cryts
Post a Comment
<< Home