Saturday, June 11, 2005

From the Windoooow, to the kitchen (to the kitchen) -- I need more hot sauce on my chicken!

I've officially survived my first week of full-time daycamp counselor work. And it is hard. And full-time is long. And I eat like I'm in kindergarten all over again; I have an apple, a sandwich, a drink, and, if I'm lucky, a cookie. Woo! Every darn day. But my kids are cute, for the most part, and even if they misbehave and then get mad at me for putting them in time out or whatever, they forget after awhile and forgive me and it's all dandy.

I hardly ever get to sit down and I have to wear tennis shoes all the time and I am sunburned from swimming on Tuesday where there were so many kids in the pool it looked like salmon spawning.

And games are lovely but tiring and they always want to play the same ones and, at least I am one week down.

Seven more to go.

By the way, the title is a chant my kids kept repeating on the bus. Weird little children.

3 Comments:

At June 11, 2005 6:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Children...they are the purest forms of humanity!

 
At June 12, 2005 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only contact I have with children in my job is right before I put them on the wheat bread and cover them in mayo and lettuce for our Schoolyard Sub.

The flesh of the young and turkey are the only meats I eat this summer. I barely eat chicken, because I love fake chicken so much.

 
At June 13, 2005 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i guess that means you got the job, huh? in about a week, i get to work full time trying to coax people into taking over-the phone surveys. hurrah. i'm going to call you soon, since you haven't responded to my e-mails. *pouts*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home