Friday, July 02, 2004

Yesterday

I worked yesterday morning. Boring, great, woo, whatever.

So, after work I was cranky and irritable for no apparent reason. I took a nap.

Post-napping, I felt like going out and making reparations for my irritability earlier. I called Scott and arranged to go rollerblading with him in the new C-town park they just built. He's better than me, but I'm rolling around trying to prove to myself that I don't completely suck. This went VERY well: the first sharp turn, I sat on my butt, hard. Sat on my butt, braced my impact with my wrist, and bruised my right shin. A little later on, a slope left my on my bum again: landed on same wrist, scraped bruised shin. I promise I haven't fallen off my skates in a year and a half; twice that night. I am now sporting a bruise a little bigger than a quarter, a lovely greenish-brown color with a slit of blood in the middle. And, to accompany said bruise, long, thin, streaky bruises all around.

I won't be wearing any short skirts for awhile. Or capris. My legs will have to hide in shame until this lovely bruise fades.

After my pathetic falling incident, we took off the skates and walked (still trying to get some athletic worth out of the night). Then, to counteract said activity, we got shakes and talked at Sonic.

Ow...my shin hurts whenever something brushes against it. It will be hard to hide it in shame when it hurts to wear pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home