Didja Miss Me?
I have been gone for four days and I don't think anyone noticed. Tells me how much I mean to you people.
I've been on a really wild trip to Mizzou. It was great. FANTASTIC. Very long.
It's apparently a 10-13 hour drive (10 only if you never get gas, stop to pee, drink, eat, etc) Kansas has NOWHERE to stop on the entire turnpike, and they charge you an arm and a leg for trying to get off. But it is a lovely pile of asphalt.
The school was beautiful, and intimidating. But I am now officially a student at the University of Missouri, and I think I'll be really happy there when I have to leave in about a month.
My advisor (for the Honors college) was great; we are kindred spirits. (She was wearing a tiara and flowy clothes...fantastic!) Because of that, she was really helpful with my schedule, and it absolutely rocks! I only have one morning class, one day, and I'll be finished by 2 almost every day. That and I've gotten out of most of the freshman-required classes, by taking AP tests and four years of spanish. (If I'd copped out like most of you losers, I would have had to take 12-15 hours all over again). That and I have no math requirement (having gotten out of that with SAT scores) and no PE requirement. I'm living easy!
However, I currently am signed up for 16 hours. Here's my schedule:
Notes: H=Honors L=lecture D= small group discussion FIG=Freshman Interest Group
Mon.> 11-11:50 Psychology >> 1-1:50 Mythology (required :-D )
Tues.> 9-9:50 H Hist. L >> 11-11:50 Philosophy L >>1-1:50 Microecon. L >>3-3:50 FIG D
Wed.> 9-9:50 Microecon. D >>11-11:50 Psychology >>1-1:50 Mythology
Thurs.>9-9:50 H Hist. L >>11-11:50 Philosophy L >>1-1:50 Microecon L
Fri. >8-8:50 Philosophy D :( >> 11-11:50 Psy. >>12-12:50 H History D >> 1-1:50 Myth.
FIGs are groups of 15-20 freshman who share a similar interest, (Journalism, here) who take three classes together and live in the same dorm. It's a way to meet new people and make friends/studybuddies right off the bat. My FIG classes are Myth., Psy., and MEcon...oh, and the FIG discussion where we learn to "adjust to college life."
Anyway, that was my trip to Mizzou. Woo Mizzou.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home