Saturday, July 17, 2004

Change is disturbing

Okay, I think I've figured out this new blog thing. Stupid computers. Stupid me.

I apologize for my vehemence the other day (actually, no, I don't. I'm passionate). I worked for my mother that morning, which was all right, even though it was supposed to be my one and only day off. I figured I would compromise by working half-day for her and having fun the remainder of the day. She decided last-minute to say "Oh, I thought you could work until 4 today" which means "Work until four, because I said so." Seeing as this was not the agreed-upon plan, I flat-out refused and went home. Unfortunately, my mother is one of those women that can make you feel like you screwed up even when you are right. So I was pissed.
And that made me all the more determined to have fun (so there!). I get fiesty when I'm fiery. I call a few people to see if they can do anything, everyone shoots me down for this or that good reason. Fire becomes simmering sadness.
Would have called more people, but father came in just then. "Clean" he says and I am helpless to disobey. I clean half of the kitchen. Now, to understand the full impact of this statement, you would have had to have seen the state of my kitchen. Think tsunami in a very small kitchen. Example: A drawer had been used as a shelf due to convenient location. Over time, shelf filled with debris, of the food variety. You don't want to know what I scraped out of there.
So now I'm hot, lonely, sad, mad, and dirty. (Hot because there is no a/c in my house, STILL. We are now going on about four weeks).


I never did get to go anywhere on my day off.

I will update on current affairs later. It is 1:43 a.m. and time for me to sleep.

2 Comments:

At July 18, 2004 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know you could be so spicy. You must be in the doghouse with the parents, eh? Wish I could have been there to do something with you, then again I think if I had things would have been worse. The way things went your parents at least got something of a sense that maybe you learned a lesson, therebye being a little more mellow. If you'd blown off your mom to party down later imagine what you would have had to go home to! As an objective reader I get the impression that maybe you didn't communicate, before things started going downhill, exactly how you felt, and espeacially how srongly you felt about your working situation. Perhaps if that had been clarified you'd have been spared a lot of pain, frustration, and uber-gross cleaning.
Sincerally,
anonylance

 
At July 20, 2004 8:34 PM, Blogger Meg said...

All righty, you aren't here to lecture me! Grr. Don't mess with a system that we already know doesn't work at all. It isn't so much a lack of communication as a lack of her wanting to argue the point--she just demands her way most of the time, and I've been rebelling in small ways since about 4th grade...it just escalates as I get older.

Your job here is not to mediate, but rather to commiserate. Go team!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home