Oh the Thinks that I think
So I have all these random thoughts swirling around in my head that I would tell people if I ever really had an occasion to mention them, but since those occasions would tend to be extremely rare I'll just purge them here for everyone else to ponder...or not.
***
Are white guys just not allowed to have those great deep voices like James Earl Jones and Laurence Fishburne, voices that feel like silk and distant thunder?
***
An excerpt from my most recent book, Woman Hollering Creek by Sandra Cisneros, before I forget:
Amar es Vivir. What it comes down to for that woman at Centeno's and for me. It was enough to keep us tuning in every day at six-thirty, another episode, another thrill. To relive that living when the universe ran through the blood like river water. Alive....Hell,no. This wasn't what we were put on the planet for. Not ever.
Not Lola Beltran sobbing "Soy infeliz" into her for cervezas. But Daniela Roma singing "Ya no. Es verdad que te adoro, pero mas me adoro yo." I love you, honey, but I love me more.
One way or another. Even if it's only the lyrics to a stupid pop hit. We're going to right the world and live. I mean live our lives the way lives were meant to be lived. With throat and wrists. With rage and desire, and joy and grief, and love till it hurts, maybe. But goddamn, girl. Live.
***
Kudos to anyone who can understand what Sandra and I are saying there.
***
Spanish words that they wouldn't have taught me in high school that I learned from that book: nalgas, chichis. Urracas. Figure out what they mean.
***
I wish I could have angel wings like Claire Danes.
***
Don't worry, this is not the end of my thoughts, just the end of my time to purge them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home