Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Post the first

I'm caving in and joining the blogging world. I won't tell you I'm confident about this; I think I might scare a few people, especially me, because I'm guessing I'm going to have a complete lack of control in regard to what I will and will not say. That and it will probably be revealed just how much of an emotional, moody, insecure who-knows-what.

I apologize now for all future surprises. Let this be your warning.

Get ready, here I go.
************************
I am a complete sap. Yes, I am 100% the romantic sap. More on that later.
I started out this morning feeling amazing: I was excited because I was sure I was going to have a 'BEAUTIFUL' day, a day where I feel great within my skin, like I could march out into the world and put it in my fantastic pocket because I am so great. I was bohemian and beautiful and perfect just the way I was. I was going to let my hair down (literally, actually) and storm into the world.

That didn't last long.

So I pick up my brother from summer school, and we are actually having a non-fighting-sibling day, which is rare. I begin to play the loving, listening sister. I wasn't doing too bad with it, either. Anyway, I took him to the library to this LOTR painting class that he was trying to insist he didn't want to go to, but he really did. I made an Ent. It's easy and freeform, but mine is exceptionally lovely, if I do say so myself.

Back at home, (or the batcave, as I dont ever call it) I popped in one of my free rentals. A mistake -- I shouldn't let myself watch romantic comedies (it was "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton" and it was good) when I am not in a happy place with my dating life. So much for the 'Beautiful' phase. In came the quiet, comtemplative phase, which I still haven't quite left. Unfortunately for me, the contemplative phase, when induced by a romantic comedy, also skirts the edge of 'Pit of Self-Pity', which is a bad place to go. I almost dipped over the edge with one of my other movies, the DiCaprio R&J. Fortunately, I was interrupted before they fell in love and I had to stop the movie, leaving me to watch the end of "Bridget Jones's Diary" and two episodes of "Who's Line is it anyway?"


...Okay people, now it's your turn to work some magic. I need to get some sort of response on this, or I'm gonna drop this sucker like a hot potato. Comment away, por favor.